Friday, January 18, 2013

Beef... It's what's for dinner!

I've had a pot roast sitting in my freezer for awhile. It's been sitting in my freezer for awhile because, I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of pot roasts. I only bought it because my husband loves them. Usually, I'll make a pot roast for him and I'll make some other dish for me. I'm a ribeye and potatoes girl but for some reason I'm not a pot roast and potatoes girl.  Lord, was this pot roast I made last night DEEEElish!!

Because I'm not of fan of the traditional pot roasts, I decided to try something different with the various things I had laying around my kitchen. And man, did it turn out great!!

Now remember I said I'm not a fan of measuring so if you'd like to try this recipe you'll have to eyeball it. I promise it's worth it!! All the ingredients I used filled a regular kitchen bowl.


What you'll need:
Crockpot
Pot roast
Red wine
Worcestershire sauce
Beef bouillon
Water
Cajun seasoning
Dried thyme
Dried oregano
Dried rosemary
Dried parsley



I started by seasoning both sides of the roast with my Cajun seasoning and placed that in the crockpot.

I ended up not using the mesquite seasoning but I did add some parsley, oregano, and rosemary instead with a little bit of water and extra virgin olive oil.

I then mixed the remaining ingredients in my bowl. I started by pouring in about a cup of red wine, I used Dreaming Tree Crush. I'm in love with that wine and it gave the beef such a great flavor!! Next i added about 10-15 shakes of worcestershire. I then added about 1 1/2 tablespoons of beef bouillon and gave the mix a quick whisk. Then I sprinkled in some parsley and about 1 1/2 teaspoons of thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Gave that a quick whisk, added about a cup of water and some extra virgin olive oil, and whisked again.

I poured all that over my roast and set my crockpot to high for two hours then low for two hours. I basted my roast about 5 times in the four hours of cooking time, and turned the roast over and set the temp to warm for about an hour.

I served the roast with mashed cauliflower. It turned out so flavorful I actually ate it and my husband is still talking about how awesome it was!

Let me know if you try this out! Enjoy :-)

            Eat, Drink 'n Be Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment