Sunday, February 10, 2013

Balls of meat..... MEATBALLS!

MMMMEEEEEAAAATTTBBBBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLSS!

Who doesn't love Meatballs!? Spaghetti and Meatballs, Swedish Meatballs, appetizer Meatballs... The list goes on. 

It's a bite size amount of meat mixed with various ingredients such as breadcrumbs, eggs, herbs, and cheese to make a mouth watering feast in your mouth.

I made turkey meatballs for dinner this week and will forever use this recipe when making these glorious bites of meat in the future. 

Here's what you need:
Ground Turkey
Breadcrumbs
Eggs
Parmesean Cheese
Chives
Basil
Garlic
Salt n Pepper
EVOO for cooking

(Some of these ingredients were used for my sauce and not just the meatballs)

I first chopped my fresh garlic (2 cloves because I'm a garlic freak), fresh basil and fresh chives. I used a big bunch because I love the bold flavors of chive and basil. 

In a large bowl, I added a little over a pound of ground turkey, about a cup and a half of bread crumbs,  two eggs, about a cup of Parmesean cheese, salt n pepper to taste, and my fresh garlic, basil and chives. 

Time to get down and dirty..... Use those hands and mix everything together. 



Once mixed, make the balls to your desired size and set on wax paper. 



Turn your stove to medium heat, add some EVOO and cook your turkey meatballs for about 10 mins, turning to brown on all sides.



Waaaaalaaaaaa! The most succulent meatballs you'll ever have!!

My husband and I enjoyed ours with fresh herb linguine I purchased at our local farmers market with a Greek yogurt cream sauce and mushrooms.

Once you try these meatballs, you'll be hooked for life. Enjoy!

      Eat, Drink 'n Be Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment