Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spray Painting Masterpiece

Happy Thursday, Y'all!

Its been crazy here in Pensacola the last couple of days. We had some really severe thunder storms, tornado warnings, funnel clouds, and lots of flooding. The flooding was so bad my husband couldn't even make it to work yesterday (yay for me), AND today there was an explosion at one of the jails! Crazy! At least its not snowing, right!?!?

I've got a pretty cool craft project to share with you today. I made this in maybe an hour last Friday, so it really doesn't take too long. 

Since we moved to Pensacola, we moved from a couple of small apartments to a house. LOVE being back in a house, there's so much room to actually move. With that being said, that leaves a LOT of open space on my walls. I've been looking at different photos and paintings to hang that would go with the color scheme of our current decorations, but I haven't found anything that I really LOVE or that I was willing to pay for. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make something myself. 

I remembered seeing something on Pinterest awhile back about making your own quotes on old pictures and then spray painting them, check that out here. So I took a trip to Michael's last week and bought some supplies. I did tweak mine a bit but its still the same concept. I picked up a 2 pack of canvases and some removable stencil stickers. I had the spray paint left over from our wedding. 



I didn't want the back ground to be white so I gently spray painted the background brown, let it dry and then added the stencil stickers.



After I arranged my quote the way I liked it (which took the majority of the time), I spray painted over everything with the red. I had to cut up my spray paint sessions because I didn't have enough letters to complete my quote. I just covered that with a piece of paper so I didn't spray over it and then once I was done with the letters on the top, I placed them on the bottom. 



I sprayed the remainder of the canvas, let it dry and came out with my completed project! I can now move it to my "completed" section of my boards on Pinterest!!


I love how it turned out and I love that I was able to make my own decorations for my house. I'm going to hang this on one side of my TV in our living room and make another canvas for the other side. I saved so much money! I had a 40% off coupon for Michael's, the canvases came in a two pack for $9.99 and had a special running for buy one get one, and the reusable stencils were only $7.99. LOTS of projects for a little bit of money. 

Let me know if you try this out! Its super easy and fun :)

~Eat, Drink 'n Be Crafty~

No comments:

Post a Comment